Monday 2 March 2009

Name change

I've been meddling with the name for ages. I asked loads of people for suggestions and i got a good response but most of the names i liked were already taken.

The last name i tried was foolproof foodie, which i liked very much. It was easy to remember and rolled off the tongue nicely. But i wanted a name that related more to me and that's when i thought of Anglo-Indian Cook. I think it describes me and my style of cooking perfectly.

Being of Indian descent and being brought up in England has resulted in an often weird but wonderful concoction of Indian and English flavours amalgamated into one. I think most Indians would agree with me that we just can't help adding Indian flavours into English dishes.

The combinations however don't stop there. We continue this obsession with almost every dish, whether that be an Italian or Chinese dish.

I have found that sometimes it's not too wise to meddle too much, but most times the flavours work really well.

I know i havn't posted any Indian dishes yet, but i shall do very soon so keep posted :)

1 comment:

Cheeky Kitchen said...

I'm so excited! I've always wanted to learn to cook Indian food, but never have. I promise to follow you faithfully and learn to cook as you post your upcoming creations.

THANKS for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I'd have never found you if you hadn't! Happy day!