Friday 21 November 2008

Pesto, Tomato & Feta Sandwich


Yum!. My favouritest sandwich ever! I apologise in advance, this is a quick post, I'm in the middle of cooking so need to go back into the kitchen.

Anyways back to the sandwich, yum! i had this for my lunch today, so simple and quick to put together. Within 5 mins my lunch was ready. And that's including time to put together some dessert.

I think the reason I love this sandwich so much is because of it's simplicity, and I don't just mean the simplicity of making it. No, I mean the simplicity of the flavours and the beautiful taste you get from it.



Now, how to put it together, before i start drooling over the keyboard just thinking about it.

2 slices of Granary bread -I use Warburtons, because i love the combination of nuts and seeds. (You have to use granary. If you've never tried it before, it might take a little getting used to but I'm telling you, you'll love it. If you really can't stand it, then please wholemeal at least. The last resort- white bread.
1 Tbsp of Homemade Pesto.
4 Slices of Tomato
25g Feta Cheese (That's a small piece around 2" by 1").

1. Toast the bread on both side - I would advise you only do this if your eating straight away, otherwise the bread will just go soggy. I toast mine because i love the contrasting sensations of hot and cold in my mouth.
2. Spread pesto on one side of the bread.
3. Place tomato in each corner.
4. Crumble feta on top of tomatoes.
5. Place second slice of bread on top.
6. Slice.
7. Your done!

Now dessert. 'Dessert for lunch' i hear you say, gasping in horror. 'Yes', i say. 'dessert for lunch', smiling to one's self. 'What may that be' i hear you say. 'Grapes!' I say.

Unfortunately, I'm no wonder woman. I can't rustle up lunch AND dessert in 5 mins. Some don't classify fruit as a dessert, some do. I fall into the latter category. I think for lunch, fruit is a perfect accompaniment. When at work, i always, always have some fruit for lunch. If I've forgotten mine, there's always someone at work who has some, and is willing to share.

These grapes were so lovely and sweet, so it satisfied my sugar craving and kept hunger locked up till dinner!

I've gone a little bit arty with my pic today, just playing around with photoshop a bit. See what it could do. I'm hoping photoshop will help my lack of natural light problem and make my pictures more fun and pleasing to the eye.
Did i say a quick post? Oops!

No comments: